Materia Medica is the way herbalists refer to their “dictionary” or “tool box” of plants. It is, literally, the “medicinal materials” – herbal allies ready to assist in times of need!
The most important part of herbalism is the plants themselves! Get in-depth with more than 89 of the most versatile and prominent plants in contemporary herbalism.
Ryn Midura and Katja Swift make learning herbalism as easy as watching TV!
This program includes videos about each plant as well as PDF handouts, introducing you to each plant as if they were a new friend (they are!). You'll learn all the ways that we work with each herb and how it can help you. You'll learn when it's appropriate to work with each herb, and if there are any contraindications. Detailed, up-close photographs will help you learn to identify that plant in the wild.
This course typically takes 8 weeks to complete, but you can watch the videos at your own pace, and re-watch them at any time.
We want your experience to be as close to “being there in person” as possible, and we want to accommodate as many different styles of learning as possible. That’s why we also provide:
- PDF materials - if you like to follow along on paper
- MP3 files - so you can review the content while you commute, workout, garden, ... anytime!
- Direct access to Ryn and Katja - we're always just a click away: you can ask any questions in the integrated discussion forum, and we're committed to personally answering your questions within 24 hours
- Weekly live Q&A sessions - to get some face time and direct feedback from your teachers
Feel confident with a whole toolbox full of herbs that you can turn to when you need them: sign up for this course today!
Not sure yet? Explore some of our free modules to get to know us, the course content, and our teaching styles.
- Welcome to Materia Medica! FREE PREVIEW
- How to use this platform
- How to use the Discussions feature
- Prior Materia Medica Discussion
- Materia Medica Orientation & Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- How to Read Materia Medica Entries FREE PREVIEW
- How To Read Materia Medica Entries FREE PREVIEW
- Sourcing Herbs
- Plant ID Resources