This course includes more than 9 hours of video content. You’ll learn how to:
- identify the constitution - the baseline state - of the person you're working with
- identify the state of their current health issues
- confidently choose the appropriate herbal actions
- identify exactly the right herbs for what you're working on
The practice of health care throughout history was not based on guessing or getting lucky. There is a system built on logic, and when you learn it, suddenly everything makes a lot more sense!
Lifetime access - so you can review the content as many times as you like, forever!
Weekly live Q&A sessions with Katja and Ryn- to ask your questions directly, live and in person! (They're even archived, in case you miss one!)
Ask questions anytime - we're always just a click away: you can ask any questions in the integrated discussion forum, and we're committed to personally answering your questions, usually within 24 hours
Printable PDF materials - if you like to follow the videos along on paper, or keep them handy for a quick reference
Downloadable MP3 files - so you can review the content while you commute, workout, garden, ... anytime!
No-risk money back guarantee - no questions asked!
- Welcome to Energetics!
- How to use this platform
- How to use the Discussions feature
- Prior Energetics & Holistic Practice Discussion
- Cycles [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Cycles
- Discomfort and Evasion
- Discomfort and Evasion [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Discomfort and Evasion
- How is this illness serving you? You are responsible for your own health.
- How is this illness serving you? [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Service and Responsibility
- Reflection [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Reflecting on New (or not!) Ideas
- What is Good Health?
- What is Good Health? [audio]
- Resource: Breaks increase productivity
- Journal Prompt: What is good health?
- The Whole Person
- The Whole Person [audio]
- Journal Prompt: The Whole Person
- Everything is Connected
- Everything is Connected [audio]
- Resource: Robot Bees are Real
- Journal Prompt: Everything is Connected
- Vitalism: Life is smarter than you.
- Vitalism [audio]
- Resource: Jim McDonald on Fever
- Journal Prompt: Vitalism
- The Vital Force
- The Vital Force [audio]
- The "Stressor Bucket"
- The "Stressor Bucket" [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Stressor Bucket
- Germ Theory and Terrain Theory
- Germ Theory and Terrain Theory [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Germs and Terrain
- The Symptoms are the Resistance
- The Symptoms are The Resistance [audio]
- Journal Prompt: The Symptoms are the Resistance
- Support the Body
- Support the Body [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Support the Body
- When to Ask for Help
- When to Ask for Help [audio]
- Journal Prompt: When to Ask for Help
- Energetics Overview
- Energetics Overview [audio]
- Constitutions [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Constitutions
- Tissue States: Hot & Cold
- Tissue States: Hot & Cold [audio]
- Tissue States: Damp & Dry
- Tissue States: Damp & Dry [audio]
- Tissue States: Tense & Lax
- Tissue States: Tense & Lax [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Tissue States
- Progression of Tissue States
- Progression of Tissue States [audio]
- Herbal Actions, part 1
- Herbal Actions, part 1 [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Herbal Actions
- Herbal Actions, part 2
- Herbal Actions, part 2 [audio]
- Applying Herbal Actions
- Applying Herbal Actions [audio]
- Printable: Herbal Actions Glossary
- Introduction & Sweet Herbs
- Introduction & Sweet Herbs [audio]
- Mucilaginous Herbs
- Mucilaginous Herbs [audio]
- Salty Herbs
- Salty Herbs [audio]
- Oily & Umami Herbs
- Oily & Umami Herbs [audio]
- Pungent Herbs
- Pungent Herbs [audio]
- Aromatic Herbs
- Aromatic Herbs [audio]
- Bitter Herbs
- Bitter Herbs [audio]
- Sour & Acrid Herbs
- Sour & Acrid Herbs [audio]
- Astringent & "Tingly" Herbs
- Astringent & "Tingly" Herbs [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Herbal Tastes & Actions
- Introduction to Traditional Systems
- Introduction to Traditional Systems [audio]
- The Four Humors: Introduction
- The Four Humors: Introduction [audio]
- The Four Humors in Detail
- The Four Humors in Detail [audio]
- Writings on the Four Humors by Rebecca Altman
- Ayruvedic Doshas
- Ayurvedic Doshas [audio]
- Traditional Chinese Energetics
- Traditional Chinese Energetics [audio]
- Native American Traditional Medicine
- Native American Traditional Medicine [audio]
- Southern Folk Medicine
- Southern Folk Medicine [audio]
- The Energetics of Other Traditional Systems: Wrap-up
- The Energetics of Other Traditional Systems: Wrap-up [audio]
- Journal Prompt: Other Traditional Energetic Systems
Katja & Ryn
Katja & Ryn almost always teach together. They each have particular talents and areas of interest, and their perspectives on certain issues are quite different! Together, they convey a fuller picture of the realities of herbal theory & practice than either one could do alone.
Katja is an herbalist and teacher working to help people rebuild their relationships with their bodies and their own ability to heal. She’s been in practice for nearly 20 years, but it all began with a desire to make her own “fancy tea” at home instead of paying high prices for imported blends at specialty stores. She’s kept that do-it-yourself ethic close to her heart.
Ryn has been a practicing herbalist since 2010. He came to herbalism by way of martial arts, where his first experiences with herbs were focused on getting back into the game and becoming more flexible, adaptable, and resilient. Passing that experience on to others is what keeps him motivated every day.
Together, Katja and Ryn teach everyone from children to elders, as well as pharmacy students from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, where they both serve as associate faculty. Ryn and Katja are also members of the review board of the Medical Herbalism journal, and the creators of the weekly Holistic Herbalism Podcast.
We’re here for the plants and the people, not the money.
We’re confident we can teach just about anyone, but if for any reason you feel like this program isn’t right for you after you’ve started, we’ll give you a full refund.
You get 14 days to try it out after signing up. If at any point within those two weeks you decide it’s not right for you, just let us know and we’ll issue a refund, no questions asked.