The course includes 12+ hours of video instruction, as well as PDF handouts, quizzes and homework assignments, and integrated discussions where you can talk directly with Ryn and Katja.
- Welcome to Digestive Health!
- How to use this platform
- How to use the Discussions feature
- Herbalism (and health!) is Bioregional
- Herbalism (and health!) is Bioregional [audio]
- Introduction and Physiology
- Introduction and Physiology [audio]
- Friendly Microbes
- Friendly Microbes [audio]
- Enzymes and Supplements
- Enzymes and Supplements [audio]
- Eating Habits
- Eating Habits [audio]
- Normal Digestive Variation
- Normal Digestive Variation [audio]
- Digestive Herbal Actions 1
- Digestive Herbal Actions 1 [audio]
- Digestive Herbal Actions 2
- Digestive Herbal Actions 2 [audio]
- The Rooted & Ready blend podcast episode, featuring Sarsaparilla
- More On Energetics
- Building Health
- Building Health [audio]
- Oral Health
- Oral Health [audio]
- Herbal Mouthwash and Tooth Powder
- Heartburn [audio]
- Heartburn Herbs
- Heartburn Herbs [audio]
- Further Heartburn Resources
- More on heartburn herbs!
- Thoughts on Calamus, from jim mcdonald
- Nausea & Norovirus
- Nausea & Norovirus [audio]
- Studies on Ginger and nausea
- Dyspepsia - Indigestion
- Dyspepsia - Indigestion [audio]
- Stomach Ulcers
- Stomach Ulcers [audio]
- Bloating [audio]
- Flatulence [audio]
- Constipation [audio]
- Constipation checklist
- Diarrhea [audio]
- On the topic of poop...
- Dysbiosis [audio]
- Fungi are also part of the microbiome
- Interesting information about yeasts
- Parasites [audio]
- Phyllis Light on worms and parasites in humans
- "Old Friends" hypothesis, and how that relates to parasites
- But parasites *are* serious...
- Tapeworm in dogs
- Gluten sensitivity, leaky gut, and Vitamin D3
- Celiac, Crohn's, IBS, IBD, Ulcerative Colitis, et al.
- Celiac, Crohn's, IBS, IBD, Ulcerative Colitis, et al. [audio]
- Understanding probability in screening tests
- Gut troubles and constitutional approaches
- Creating A Healthy Digestive System
- Creating A Healthy Digestive System [audio]
- Digestive Materia Medica
- Digestive Materia Medica [audio]
Lifetime access - so you can review the content as many times as you like, forever!
Weekly live Q&A sessions with Katja and Ryn- to ask your questions directly, live and in person! (They're even archived, in case you miss one!)
Ask questions anytime - we're always just a click away: you can ask any questions in the integrated discussion forum, and we're committed to personally answering your questions, usually within 24 hours
Printable PDF materials - if you like to follow the videos along on paper, or keep them handy for a quick reference
Downloadable MP3 files - so you can review the content while you commute, workout, garden, ... anytime!
No-risk money back guarantee - no questions asked!
- Tuition for this course is $180.
- Your access never expires, and when we add new material to your course, you get it at no additional charge!
- With our zero-risk return policy, you get 14 days to try it out after signing up. If at any point within those two weeks you decide it’s not right for you, just let us know and we’ll issue a refund, no questions asked.
Katja & Ryn
Katja & Ryn almost always teach together. They each have particular talents and areas of interest, and their perspectives on certain issues are quite different! Together, they convey a fuller picture of the realities of herbal theory & practice than either one could do alone.
Katja is an herbalist and teacher working to help people rebuild their relationships with their bodies and their own ability to heal. She’s been in clinical practice for nearly 20 years, but it all began with a desire to make her own “fancy tea” at home instead of paying high prices for imported blends at specialty stores. Through the years, that desire grew into a passion to improve her own health and ultimately, to help others to do the same.
Ryn has been a practicing herbalist since 2010. He came to herbalism by way of martial arts, where his first experiences with herbs were focused on getting back into the game and becoming more flexible, adaptable, and resilient. Passing that experience on to others is what keeps him motivated every day.
Together, Katja and Ryn teach everyone from children to elders, as well as pharmacy students from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, where they both serve as associate faculty. Ryn and Katja are also members of the review board of the Medical Herbalism journal, and the creators of the weekly Holistic Herbalism Podcast. You can find their first book, Herbal Medicine for Beginners, on Amazon and in local book stores.
Teaching isn't just about conveying information - there's also an aspect of being someone's "cup of tea".
So we want you to take the first 14 days to really decide if you love it or not. If for any reason you feel like this program isn’t right for you - if we're just not your cup of tea - we’ll give you a full refund. You don't even need a reason - just please let us know within 14 days of purchase.